Richards conversions of the 1860 Army were made from 1871 – 1878 with about 9,000 produced. On these guns, the cut out area of the barrel normally used for the loading lever was used to secure the ejector housing in place. The ejector rod was exposed between the end of the ejector housing and the breech of the barrel. On the original, the firing pin was located in the recoil shield; however, on these reproductions the firing pin is located on the hammer.
Grips are a one piece European walnut with a satin finish. Steel frame. Blued 8” tapered round barrel. .370” at breech to .675” at muzzle. Front sight is a silver blade and rear sight is a v-notch in hammer nose. The .45 Colt is broached rifling .004” deep, 1 in 18” twist with 6 lands - .442 and 6 grooves .450. Ignition is .45 Colt black powder cartridge. Six shot and features blued steel backstrap and triggerguard. Color casehardened frame and hammer. Cylinder engraved w/Naval scene. 13 ½” overall length and 2 ½ lbs. Manufactured by Uberti/Italy.
MODERN HANDGUN RULES APPLY (see FAQ #7). Guns must be shipped UPS NEXT DAY AIR. .
THIS PRODUCT CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO CANADA OR NEW JERSEY.